Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hand Prints


As I was searching for art projects, I came across this idea and felling in love it. I put my own twist on it to make it a bit more personal. I havd each of my kids paint a section and put their hand print in it. For the original idea click here. It started out as an art project, but turned into a combination of art and science. I have found that most projects we do cover more than one subject. I had the three primary color of paint available for the kids to choose from. M wanted to use the color orange, so she had to chose which 2 primary color to mix together to make the secondary color orange that she wanted. She chose red and yellow. After mixing them together she wasn't quite happy with the brightness of the color. I then asked her if she knew how to make it brighter. Her reply was to add some white paint. She added some white paint and was very pleased to find that it did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment